I love the life you give me

And that's what you're getting wrong, my love. 
Of course I do like the mountains,  the cliffs, the high waterfalls and roadtrips when we sing our lungs out. 
But what I love most is something entirely else. 
I do love the quiet mornings. The laundry room with you. Opening chocolate advent calendars. Eating breakfast feeling like a princess since you'll do all the dishes. 

I want to drive in the nights with you, with you sound asleep on the passenger seat. I want to go grocery shopping with you, finding a new brand of chips, or actually- buying the same brand of chips that we always do. 

I want us changing sheets of the bed we see each night and morning. I want to know the way you grab your socks from the drawer and I want to keep putting small bouquets on our kitchen table after a weekend of collecting tiny flowers. 

I want to spend evenings on the couch besides you and your work project and I want to ask you questions about how to write my research and format my data. 
I want to be dragging you out for walks cause it's healthy and we really should be sitting less and moving more. I want you to drag me out of bed cause I'd love just to snooze for five minutes more. 
I'd want to be rolling my eyes at all your bad jokes, and I'd hope you'd never stop cracking them because you think you're the funniest person on earth. 

I like the sideeyes you give to me because my humour is so strange to you but I hope I'll never get too self conscious about it. I hope you could understand me and learn to appreciate it with time. 

My dear, I've told you so many times but I don't think you've ever understood. 
I like life with you. 
I don't mean the crazy adventures. 
I love the mundane, boring, everyday life with you. 


/mt'

Kommentare